Raining outside…? What about crispy Buy Jackfruit Chips (Chakka Varuthathu) online…!
Although chakka/jackfruit is a seasonal fruit in Kerala, you can eat these jack fruit chips all year. The most popular chips in Kerala are plantain and jackfruit chips. In Kerala, you may find jack fruit in every backyard, and you can get up to 30-40 fruits per year. It’s a massive, one-of-a-kind fruit. The young or tender jack fruit is using in savory dishes. while the ripe sweet frangipane is using in sweet dishes.
When Buy Jackfruit Chips (Chakka Varuthathu) online are in season, we normally cook a large batch and freeze it, which makes our evenings much more enjoyable. A cup of chai and a bag of chips is the ideal indulgence. Jack fruit chips have a distinct flavor, and when cooked in coconut oil, they take on the flavor of Kerala chips. In fact, to produce chips, you can use any neutral-flavored oil. It’s a crunchy and crispy snack. In Sadhya, it’s sometimes served with banana chips.
Here are some Tips For you…
- Only raw jack fruit is suitable for the jack fruit chips; if it is slightly ripe, the chips will not be crisp and may become soggy.
- In that instance, dry the sliced jack fruit in the sun for a day or 8 hours
- Make sure the jackfruit is completely dry and free of moisture.
- If you don’t have access to a sun dryer, you can double fried the Chakka varuthathu to get them crispy.
- You can pepper powder in this recipe. However it is safe for children, you can substitute chilli powder or leave it out.
- Normally, salt and turmeric powder has blended well with water and sprinkled in hot oil while deep frying. But this is dangerous since the oil could splatter or burst, thus always add spices after frying.
Be more crispy… Buy jackfruit chips online from Koottukari Food Products.